Data is big and is only getting bigger. Companies have all kinds of data – internal data, client data, historical data, machine- and human-generated data, etc. With all of this data and its’ exponential growth, how do you manage it and more importantly, how do you benefit from having all of this information?
SPHERE has a predictive, repeatable and proven approach for managing human- and machine-generated data within a variety of repositories such as: Exchange mailboxes and public folders; SharePoint; File Systems; Active Directory; Applications; etc.
These initiatives are typically broken down into two focus areas: The Data, The People.
- Data: Understanding what you have, how it’s used, whether its active or stale and in the right repository
- People: Understanding who has access, who is utilizing that access, whether that should be allowed or not and who is the appropriate owner
- Categorize data as business critical versus non-business critical
- Find stale data and purge or archive, streamline the structure of active data
- Implement data classification and taxonomy on PII, sensitive, confidential data etc.
- Identify who has access to a resource and who is utilizing that access
- Establish data ownership and validate permissions on resources
- Reduce risk by removing open access and excessive rights to data
- Provide and implement solutions for privileged identity management
- Create an ongoing asset lifecycle process, entitlement reviews, access authorization solutions or chargeback model
- Maintain compliance of required regulations such as Dodd-Frank, HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley
These strategic solutions result in immediate risk reduction, enhanced security and a more streamlined and compliant infrastructure. Additionally, in a more tactical manner, SPHERE’s solutions allow for the closure of various internal and external audit issues, reduction in storage costs, and decrease the management complexities that are inherent to data governance processes.
Do you know your Data?