We are looking for an experienced QA leader that is obsessed with quality improvement and excels in building QA teams. You will be responsible for driving quality initiatives across software engineering, influencing the product roadmap and driving alignment to stakeholders. It is essential that you can lead by example and be hands-on in defining and implementing a best-in-class QA strategy. It is important that you can earn the trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and can-do attitude.
Essential Functions (as Manager and Individual Contributor)
- A SENIOR QA LEAD that excels at managing QA engineers across multiple agile teams testing multiple software releases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities of QA team.
- Work closely with the development teams to ensure delivery of quality software to clients.
- Well versed with SQL, Scripting, Test Automation and Load Testing.
- Analyze and translate business requirements and user stories into test cases, testing suites and testing scripts.
- Create and maintain detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Create and maintain data scenarios to support test plans and test cases.
- Prioritizes test cases considering business priorities, risk, and combinatoric analysis.
- Reports software defects and shepherds them through the defect life cycle to closure.
- Reports test progress and quality status to project stakeholders.
- Work to automate regression testing during product development life cycle.
- Designs and implements automation solutions based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications.
- Creates/Executes Automated Functional, Regression, and System testing for applications.
- Participates in project release efforts ranging in scope from small to very large.
- Works with peers to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
- May serve as a subject matter expert for one or more functional areas of our applications.
- Minimum Education B.S. in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years’ experience and have done QA lead role for at least 3 years.
- 5+ years’ experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Creating web-based/service tests.
- In BDD (Specflow, Cucumber).
- In DevOps and continuous delivery pipelines and systems.
- SQL and its uses within programming languages
- Code management
- Demonstrated experience with industry standard Quality Assurance methodologies and their practical application.
- Proven track record of continual improvements in QA process, optimizing resources to reach business project goals.
- Shown leadership skills in small teams, leading to deliverable products.
- Strong in understanding/analyzing business requirements and converting them into test plans.
- Strong project-management and agile methodologies experience. Must be used to short iterations of development and testing and changing business requirements.
- Experience managing offshore team members and their deliverables.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial drive demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment. Able to fit in well within a startup environment.