We are looking for an experienced Senior Development Lead with a proven record of success developing software products and managing solutions through all phases of the software development life cycle. The Development Lead is responsible for hands on development and maintenance of our data governance products. Your role is to lead development initiatives, leveraging both on and off shore developers, for the on time and successful release of strategic enhancements to critical systems. It is essential that you can lead by example and be hands-on defining and implementing best-in-class Development practices including partnering with the QA Lead to ensure delivery of quality software to clients. Additionally, you will be responsible for influencing the product roadmap and driving alignment to stakeholders. It is important that you can earn the trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and can-do attitude.
Essential Functions (as Manager and Individual Contributor)
- A SENIOR DEVELOPMENT LEAD that excels at managing software engineers across multiple agile teams developing multiple software releases.
- Well versed in Coding, Scripting, Test Automation and Load Testing.
- Application life-cycle management of data governance applications and platforms.
- Provide leadership and guidance in all team development efforts for successful project delivery and application and platform support.
- Prioritize, estimate, plan and coordinate all development team efforts considering business needs and risks.
- Analyze and translate business requirements and user stories into technical requirements/specifications.
- Design and implement technology solutions keeping in mind key architectural attributes (e.g. security, reliability, scalability, maintainability, etc.)
- Work closely with the QA team to integrate software quality build best practices and ensure quality standards are met.
- Work to automate unit and regression testing during product development life cycle.
- Track and report development status to project stakeholders.
- Work with peers to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
- Participate in project release efforts ranging in scope from small to very large.
- Develop positive relationships with business partners to better understand their needs, manage expectations, and deliver value-add solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams (technical and non-technical) to ensure successful project delivery and adherence to SDLC processes.
- Minimum Education B.S. in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years’ experience doing professional software development in a diverse set of technology disciplines.
- 3+ years’ experience in team lead role.
- Experience with designing and implementing mission critical systems that manage large scale data sets.
- Shown leadership skills in small teams, leading to deliverable products.
- Strong in understanding/analyzing business requirements and converting them into technical requirements/specifications.
- Strong project-management and agile methodologies experience. Must be used to short iterations of development and testing and changing business requirements.
- Experience managing offshore team members and their deliverables.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment. Able to fit in well within a startup environment.
- Prior experience working for a data governance product vendor is a major plus (e.g. Varonis, CyberArk).
- Experience in the following technologies is a plus:
- Storage platforms (Windows, NetApp, EMC Isilon, NAS, NFS)
- Device connectors (Unix, Windows, SSCM, ServiceNow, CMDB, Active Directory)
- 3’rd party interfaces (OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft System Center, Active Directory, PeopleSoft, Office 365)
- Databases (SQL Server, Oracle or Sybase)
- Map Reduce Frameworks (Hadoop)
- T-SQL, PowerShell, Python, VueJS, JQuery, Visual Studio, Git, VSCode, SQL Server Management Studio, Jenkins