Team and Role
Reports to: Director of Customer Success and Professional Services
The team the candidate will be a member of is SPHERE’s Implementation, Support and Project Delivery team. Below is a high-level description of what this team works on:
- Installation and configuration of our platform, SPHEREboard Customers who purchase SPHEREboard are assigned an implementation engineer to perform the installation of our platform. This includes setting up connectors that pull data from various sources, customizing various components to the client’s environment and ensuring the front- end displays all the data correctly. Training will be provided.
- Support of SPHEREboard Team members are assigned a set of customers. When a ticket is submitted for a customer assigned to you, the goal is to understand the issue and identify a solution. Communicating and executing the solution to the customer in a time efficient manner is critical. Additionally, regularly checking in with the client, ensuring the solution is operating as expected, scheduled upgrades and data refreshes are also expected requirements.
- Project Delivery SPHERE offers assessment and remediation projects to customers. This involves using SPHEREboard to provide reports and an analysis of a client’s environment. This typically includes an inventory of their data, risk analysis, determining ownership, security issue reporting i.e. open/excessive access. Also, remediation services involve fixing issues identified in the assessment.
The candidate will be on SPHERE’s Service Delivery team, focused on a variety of tasks. Tasks range from being assigned to a specific project to general SPHEREboard support and implementation. When assigned to a project with client companies performing our services, Security Analyst will be responsible for the technical deliverables of the project, working with an internal SPHERE Project Manager. Below is a high-level description of the areas within cybersecurity where SPHERE has built a niche services expertise:
- Unstructured Data across file shares, SharePoint, Exchange mailboxes, Exchange Public Folders, One Drive
- Identity Access Management including pulling entitlement data from applications, reporting and recertification of access
- Privileged Access Management for the discovery of elevated privileges and the accelerating onboarding into password vaulting technologies
Across all SPHERE projects, Security Analysts’ leverage SPHEREboard, our proprietary software platform. With that, the role requires the candidate to be trained on SPHEREboard, leveraged both by our internal teams, as well as, independently by our customers. The role also can require SPHEREboard product support and implementation.
Candidate must be able to work independently on a project by project basis and be comfortable interfacing with clients and working remotely. The Security Analyst is responsible for the installation, configuration and customization of SPHERE’s proprietary software platform, SPHEREboard, work closely with customers to resolve support issues, log bugs and manage new feature requests.
Responsible for and/or support the delivery of SPHERE’s Product and Service offerings related to help our customers achieve their operational goals. Focus on data gathering and analysis using proven methods and help develop new methods, as needed. Provide clients with an understanding of their needs and how it fits into the security landscape.
- Ability to work independently and interface with customers on a regular basis
- Analyze large sets of data using a variety of technologies, including SPHEREboard and other solutions across the ecosystem
- Produce reports on a regular basis showing progress
- Work as part of a team to develop solutions to solve data security issues
- Work on a variety of platforms like Microsoft Exchange, Windows, NAS, UNIX and SharePoint
- Install SPHERE proprietary product SPHEREboard at client sites. Mostly remote occasionally on-site and manage SPHEREboard upgrades at client sites
- Manage support tickets from clients
- Escalation point for the Engineers and QA engineers
- Submit JIRA tickets to development team and manage client requirements
- Work with development teams on new features and enhancements
- Keep track of and prioritize development issues and enhancement requests
- QA all new releases and development tickets related to assigned client requirements
- Help test new third-party partner products, internal connectors and other core functionality
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A computer science or related field of study is preferred
- Strong Excel experience
- Demonstrates unique individual contribution to a project or team
- One to three years of professional experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of supporting software including Varonis and Splunk, a plus
- Knowledge of database queries and manipulation; Ability to write and understand SQL scripts; Familiarity with database fundamentals and transactSQL
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language such as VBScript or Powershell
- Some practical programming experience preferred
- Experience in a large, distributed organization
- Knowledge of folder and share permissions (CIFS and NFS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, including Mailbox and Public Folders
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Active Directory, and file shares
- General knowledge of common security products, network tools and other infrastructure
Compensation & Benefits
SPHERE offers competitive compensation packages, based on experience and skill set. This includes an annual salary, discretionary bonus, health and dental insurance coverage, 401K matching plan and Paid Time Off.