We are looking for an experienced Product Manager and data security analyst with a proven record of success developing data governance or security/networking solutions. Domain expertise in Active Directory, Windows Servers & Services, and File Access & Permissions is essential. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate and apply your technical knowledge to define SPHEREboard product requirements. It is important that you can earn the trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and can-do attitude. Prior experience with data security products (e.g. Varonis, CyberArk), Security/Networking and knowledge of interfacing to storage platforms (Windows, NetApp, EMC, NAS, NFS) is desirable.
- Clearly write and communicate SPHEREboard product requirements.
- Develop product specifications with user scenarios (User Stories), acceptance criteria and success measures – generally, reduce the number of assumptions that software engineers must make.
- Work with peers to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
- Develop positive relationships with technology partners to better understand their needs, manage expectations, and deliver value-add solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams (technical and non-technical) to ensure successful project delivery.
- Minimum Education B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- 8+ years of overall work experience in Data Security (bonus points if you have prior hands-on experience managing data governance or security/networking products).
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and related Directory services.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Unix File systems.
- Exposure to security hardware and software.
- Analytical person who can understand the details but still see the full picture.
- Experience scoping complex projects/programs and driving through to completion.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, strong business acumen and the proven ability to effectively articulate business objectives required.
- Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners.
- Solid project management skills and consistent experience in coordinating multi-functional teams.
- Experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present and analyze technical information and strategies.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment. Able to fit in well within a startup environment.
- Prior experience working for a data governance product vendor is a major plus (e.g. Varonis, CyberArk).
- Previous experience as pre-sale/post-sale is a plus.
- Experience in the following technologies is a plus:
- Storage platforms (Windows, NetApp, EMC Isilon, NAS, NFS)
- Device connectors (Unix, Windows, SSCM, ServiceNow, CMDB, Active Directory)
- 3’rd party interfaces (OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft System Center, Active Directory, PeopleSoft, Office 365)
- Databases (SQL Server, Oracle or Sybase)