We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with a proven record of success developing data governance or security/networking metrics software and managing solutions through all phases of the software development life cycle. Domain expertise in File Access & Permissions and Active Directory is essential. The Product Manager is responsible for executing the product strategy, defining the product roadmap and driving alignment to stakeholders. Also essential is being a product leader that can be hands-on defining requirements and implementing best-in-class product design practices by partnering with the Development Lead to ensure a superior user experience to clients. It is important that you can earn the trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and can-do attitude. Prior experience with data governance products (e.g. Varonis, CyberArk), Security/Networking and knowledge of interfacing to storage platforms (Windows, NetApp, EMC, NAS, NFS) is desirable.
- A PRODUCT MANAGER that excels creating data governance products/solutions that are purpose-built to address core business and operational needs – actively bring the product back to the business model and strategy.
- Ability to translate market needs into new product opportunities while supporting existing product features to improve customer experiences.
- Responsible for the implementation of the strategic roadmap that will enable continuous improvement and enhance business value.
- Set and clearly communicate development roadmap and write product requirements.
- Decompose development roadmap into Agile work requirements and prioritize into Epics and Sprints.
- Develop product specifications with user scenarios (User Stories), acceptance criteria and success measures – generally, reduce the number of assumptions that software engineers must make.
- Champion the design process, pushing yourself and the design team to produce deliverables at each stage of the design process (e.g. storyboards, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual assets).
- Manage project execution, report status to internal stakeholders and customers, help create and define product roll-out strategy.
- Work with peers to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
- Develop positive relationships with technology partners to better understand their needs, manage expectations, and deliver value-add solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams (technical and non-technical) to ensure successful project delivery and adherence to SDLC processes.
- Minimum Education B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical or business field.
- 8+ years of overall work experience, at least 2 years of experience as a product owner (bonus points if you have prior hands-on experience managing data governance or security/networking products).
- Product leader with a keen understanding of what it takes to conceive, design, build, deliver and market a new software product with at least one successful product launch under your belt.
- Analytical person who can control the details but still see the full picture.
- Experience scoping complex projects/programs and driving through to completion.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, strong business acumen and the proven ability to effectively articulate business objectives required.
- Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners.
- Solid project management skills and consistent experience in coordinating multi-functional teams.
- Proven experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present and analyze technical information and strategies.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership
- Entrepreneurial drive demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment. Able to fit in well within a startup environment.
- Prior experience working for a data governance product vendor is a major plus (e.g. Varonis, CyberArk).
- Previous experience as pre-sale/post-sale is a plus.
- Experience in the following technologies is a plus:
- Storage platforms (Windows, NetApp, EMC Isilon, NAS, NFS)
- Device connectors (Unix, Windows, SSCM, ServiceNow, CMDB, Active Directory)
- 3’rd party interfaces (OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft System Center, Active Directory, PeopleSoft, Office 365)
- Databases (SQL Server, Oracle or Sybase)
- Map Reduce Frameworks (Hadoop)